22. The ability to cry, not only for the touching things in life, but also for all the pain that is in the world. It is a horrendous sadness to see the suffering of this world, but not to cry is much more horrendous.
Matt 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
23. The tremendous encouragement I get when I see parents with such great a love, sacrificing so much for their handicapped child.
24. The finish line in this life God sets before us, waiting with open arms and with tears of joy. As I get older, the more thankful I am that God is the coach in this marathon.
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
25. Ears that can hear the call of spring around the corner physically and spiritually, reminding me that through God who created the seasons, he has also promised to renew in me a clean heart.
26. The knowledge that there is a God and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
27. The sunrise and sunset. This is a reminder everyday for me that God’s words are as sure as the rising and setting of the sun and therefore are all His promises to me as sure.
Jeremiah 33:20-22 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season; then may also my covenant be broken…
Each week, I join in with hundreds of other bloggers to add to my list of One Thousand Gifts. Ann Voskamp, who started the Gratitude Community, has recently written a book called One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. Please, if you can, get your hands on your own copy of this book. Ann offers much food for thought in this beautifully written book.
If you want know more about the book, you should visit the website called (in)courage. Their book club has been featuring videos of Ann discussing each chapter of her book. You can watch the videos HERE.